E-books for FE service
A collection of e-books in a range of subjects at academic levels appropriate to teaching in FE in the UK. The e-books are selected for their relevance and currency and are mapped to the curriculum. The e-books we offer can help students to succeed with their learning; this is because the e-books:
- Are collections of curriculum-mapped e-books – covering not only BTEC, A-Level, NVQ/SVQ and Cache courses, but also GCSE, WJEC and Highers; selected with the support of the FE community
- Are up to date, with collections continuously supplemented and refreshed to reflect changes in curricula and to keep content current. The content is licensed in close consultation with the FE community
- Cover a wide range of subjects; from business to psychology, construction to engineering, sport to health and social care. The collection also includes English and Maths textbooks and workbooks – helping support the requirement for students to resit these subjects.
- Allow concurrent access, so students can always access a copy of a textbook in the collection, at the point of need, without having to wait for another student to finish with it
- Offer access to learning, helping students develop and improve digital skills
- Can be accessed from anywhere; on laptops, tablet devices and smartphones
For support guides for using, embedding and promoting e-books for FE go to our dedicated support site.
On that other support site there are specific guides that highlight the e-books in the collection that support the content of the vocational resource services
Construction e-book list Digital and IT e-book list Education and childcare e-book list Hairdressing and barbering e-book list Health and social care e-book list e-book list covering other subjects
If you are a Jisc FE member and you don’t think you have subscribed to e-books for FE please go to it’s Jisc Collections catalogue page.
Jisc Collections guidance